NESQUEHONING, PA – May 11, 2023 – KME, a subsidiary of REV Group, Inc., and a leading manufacturer of fire apparatus, is pleased to announce Phoenixville (Pennsylvania) Fire Department has placed an order for a KME® 100-foot Tractor-Drawn AerialCat™ (TDA) to serve its area.
As the first TDA to service the Phoenixville borough, this specific type of truck was chosen because of the maneuverability and compartmentation. Phoenixville worked closely with Campbell Supply, a KME dealer, to specify the truck to meet the department’s unique needs.
Other features include:
- KME Severe Service™ X-MFD cab with 10” raised roof
- Hendrickson STEERTEK™ NXT front and trailer steer axles for improved cramp angles on both
- Cummins X15 605 HP engine
- Allison 4000 EVS™ transmission
- Hale DSD 1,500 GPM single stage pump
- 300-gallon water tank
- 90-degree jack knife capability
- 14-foot jack stance
- 500-pound unrestricted wet or dry tip load rating
- -7 degree low to 80-degree elevation rating
“KME was one of the only manufacturers who offered the package we were looking for,” said Eamon Brazunas, Fire Chief of Phoenixville Fire Department. “We are pleased with all aspects of owning and operating KME apparatus and we have peace of mind knowing we have a dealer and manufacturer who stand behind their product and will provide knowledgeable resources and support after the sale.”
“KME appreciates the opportunity to continue to serve the Phoenixville Fire Department and we value the trust they have placed in our apparatus and our dealer, Campbell Supply Company,” said Tim Besser, Sales Manager, KME Fire Apparatus.
For more information on KME TDA’s, visit the KME website at: http://www.kmefire.com/TDA