KME Fire Apparatus, an industry leading manufacturer of fire apparatus, announces the delivery of ten (10) KME Custom Pumpers and seven (7) 101’ Tractor Drawn Aerials to Orange County Fire Authority. The new trucks will join over 100 KME apparatus currently in service at the Orange County Fire Authority in California.
The custom pumpers and TDA’s are built on KME’s Severe ServiceTM cab. With a 10” raised roof, the Severe ServiceTM chassis was engineered in conjunction with the fire service and designed for use in extreme conditions, such as wildland environments or heavy urban use. KME’s Severe ServiceTM chassis have been subjected to high-volume use with over 1 million miles of real-world testing.
The seven AerialCatTM Tractor Drawn Aerials feature the following:
- KME Severe Service Cab
- 500 hp engine and Allison transmission
- AerialCat™ 101’ ladder with pre-piped waterway and water tank
- Equipment capacity of double the NFPA requirement of an aerial ladder
The ten new Orange County Fire Authority custom pumpers feature the following:
- 176” wheelbase for tight turning radius
- 450 hp engine and Allison transmission
- 1,500 mid-ship pump and a 250 auxiliary pump for pump and roll operations
- water tank and 10 gallons of Class “A” foam feed the onboard direct injection foam system
The Orange County Fire Authority is a regional fire service agency that serves 23 cities in Orange County, California and all unincorporated areas. The OCFA protects over 1,680,000 residents from its 71 fire stations located throughout Orange County.
“We are proud to have dozens of KME’s in service in Orange County. These units are custom built and designed for this busy fire department” said Pete Hoherchak, KME Product Manager. “Congratulations to Orange County Fire Authority and thank you for your continued confidence in the KME product.”
For more information, contact KME or your local KME dealer.