KME Fire Apparatus, a subsidiary of REV Group®, and a leading manufacturer of fire apparatus, is pleased to announce that San Bernardino County (California) Fire Department has recently taken delivery of a new KME Tractor-Drawn AerialCat™ (TDA) and a Commercial Water Tender joining more than 50 other KME units currently in service within San Bernardino County.
The Tractor-Drawn AerialCat™ features:
- KME Severe Service™ cab
- Hendrickson STEERTEK™ front axle
- Cummins® X15 600 HP engine and Allison EVS™ transmission
- Waterous S100 2,000 GPM pump
- AerialCat™ 101’ ladder with 350-gallon water tank
- Dropframe body design featuring large compartment capacity, redesigned transverse storage, and lower ground ladder storage.
The Commercial Water Tender features:
- International cab/chassis
- 1,800 gallon water tank
- 500 GPM Darley PTO driven pump
- FoamPro® Class-A foam system
- Remote controlled front bumper turret, capable of flowing 30-125 GPM. This turret is controlled by a joystick in the cab allowing crews to stay inside the cab while directing the flow of water.
“KME worked closely to design a configuration that would answer all of the challenges met by the San Bernardino County Fire Department,” said Chris McClung, Director of Sales for KME. “KME is thankful that San Bernardino County Fire Department continues to trust KME for all of its custom fire apparatus needs.”
San Bernardino Fire Department also has a 101’ TDA AerialCat and five pumpers on order to be delivered by the end of the year.
For more information on KME, visit the KME website at: https://kmefire.com/