NESQUEHONING, PA – KME Fire Apparatus, an industry leading manufacturer of fire apparatus, announces the delivery of (12) twelve KME custom pumpers and (2) two KME tractor-drawn aerials (TDA) to Los Angeles County Fire Department (LACoFD).
The new trucks will join hundreds of KME apparatus currently in service at the LACoFD. The custom pumpers are built on KME’s Severe ServiceTM cab. The Severe ServiceTM cab was engineered for heavy-duty use and has been exposed to high-volume calls with over a million miles of real-world testing.
The twelve new LACoFD custom pumpers include:
- 96” KME Predator™ Severe Service cab
- 175” wheelbase for tight turning radius
- Cummins X12 500 hp engine and Allison EVS 4000 transmission
- Hale QMax 1500 GPM pump
- Hale Smart Foam system
- Hale CBP250 Auxiliary PTO pump for pump and roll
- 500 gallon stainless steel water tank with 25 gallons of class A foam
- KME lock-n-load hose bed cover, which provides a strong aluminum tread plate working surface that can easily and safely be lifted for hose repacking with a short raised height for operations in low clearance
The two AerialCatTM Tractor Drawn Aerials feature the following:
- KME Severe ServiceTM cab
- Cummins X15 600 hp engine and Allison EVS 4500 transmission
- Waterous S100 2,000 GPM pump
- AerialCat™ 101’ ladder with a 350-gallon water tank
- Equipment capacity of double the NFPA requirement of an aerial ladder
- Integrated hosebed with the capacity of 800’ of 4” hose
- 225’ of wooden ground ladders
The Los Angeles County Fire Authority is supported by REV Fire Group sales and service center in Jurupa Valley, California. This operation offers a robust network of sales, parts, and service to support LA County with both mobile and service center support.