KME Fire Apparatus, an industry leading manufacturer of fire apparatus, announces the delivery of 20 KME Custom Pumpers to Los Angeles County Fire Department (LACoFD).
The new trucks will join hundreds of KME apparatus currently in service at the LACoFD. The custom pumpers are built on KME’s Severe ServiceTM cab and chassis. The Severe ServiceTM chassis was engineered in conjunction with the fire service and designed for use in extreme conditions. KME’s Severe ServiceTM chassis have been subjected to high volume use with over a million miles of real world testing.
The 20 new LACoFD custom pumpers include:
- 175” wheelbase for tight turning radius
- 500 hp engine and an air ride suspension for improved vehicle ride and handling
- 1,500 GPM mid-ship pump and a 250 GPM auxiliary pump for pump and roll operations
- 500 gallon water tank and 25 gallons of Class A foam feed the on board direct injection foam system
- KME Lock-N-LoadTM hose bed cover, which provides a strong aluminum tread plate working surface that can easily and safely be lifted for hose repacking with a short raised height for operations in low clearance stations
LACoFD has recently awarded KME another order for nine Custom Pumpers and one Tractor Drawn Aerial. This purchase includes a contract provision for fire departments nationwide, allowing a “tag-on” of the contract to take advantage of the pricing until May 31, 2018. Departments that “tag-on” to the contract pricing receive:
- Price justification with a base line specification and pricing obtained through a public competitive process
- Ability to modify the configuration to meet the needs of the department’s unique operating conditions
- Consistent pricing for new orders through May 31, 2018
- Excluded purchasing administration costs for most, which can be substantial for public bids